Hotels In Myrtle Beach
You know you’ll have a bit of a headache getting a choice room in hotels in Myrtle Beach when Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice rates it the #1 Beach in the US, and #6 in the World. When Smarter Travel rates it in the 10 Best Beach Towns in the U.S. When even its Boardwalk is rated in the Top Ten Boardwalks in America by Travel and Leisure.
Popular is an understatement.
The good news is that Myrtle Beach has a rather staggering number of hotels and resorts. 450 at last count.
And, there are hotels for every budget. They range from 5 stars to downright cheap. Traveling with family? Lots of kids? Just the two of you seeking a romantic getaway. Hotels in Myrtle Beach cover every type.
So what’s the secret to getting that choice room in hotels in Myrtle Beach?
How do you avoid having to settle? Don’t hopscotch. Don’t just call one hotel after another, or have your travel agent do so.
Instead do the following 3 Steps:
- Select in advance. Myrtle Beach has 60 miles of beaches. Decide where you want to stay in advance based on beach activities and shore activities.
- Go online and research the hotels in that area by category and price suitable for your budget.
- Call and Ask. That’s right – the number one secret to getting the choice room in hotels in Myrtle Beach is to call and ask the right questions that reveal what you want to know.
Ask the following:
- Which is the most popular room for families (or couples, depending on how you are traveling)?
- Why is it popular? Location. Floor? Amenities. View?
- Which room has the best view?
- Is it near an area where guests congregate, such as the elevator, ice and snack machines?
- What other advantages to these rooms over the other rooms in the hotel?
- Do I pay more for these rooms?
- Are there specials?
When you call in a general fashion for a room you are given very generic information. By being specific you are able to narrow down your selection. You decide for yourself which are the choice rooms. And, which are suitable for your budget.
What do you do if your preferred rooms aren’t available? Try other hotels in the local where you want to stay. Go through the same question and answer process.
Other options when it comes to finding choice rooms in hotels in Myrtle Beach
Consider full service resorts, motels, condos for rent, and homes for rent. The more specific you are about what your real needs and vacation wants are, the more likely you are to see more options.
Should you try and reserve a room early? Obviously, you may have greater success if you do so months in advance. But are you secure you will not have to cancel. If you are concerned, make sure you find out what the cancellation penalties will be. Typically you have up to a certain point to cancel without a penalty. But always check to make sure.
Even if you are reserving in advance, you still want to follow through on the 3 Steps to finding a choice room in Myrtle Beach. That way you are certain to know you’ve made the right choice.
Because hotels in Myrtle Beach are of such a variety, you should carefully consider which style of hotel will create the most memorable experience.
And, consider the fact that within the hotels themselves there are different types of accommodations.
Here is a brief overview to expose the range of Myrtle Beach Hotel options available to you.
- These are large properties with many on-site amenities, that could include swimming pools, water rides, shopping, restaurants, night club, spas,even their own golf course.
- Their accommodations may range from single rooms to suites to private bungalows.
- The advantage of a resort is that many activities are right there on the grounds, and conveniently available.
- Many of the resorts are ocean front resorts, which means you have convenient access to beach and ocean. But be aware, oceanfront is terminology that cover quite a distance – so check with the resort exactly how close they are to the ocean.
- What you should expect from a condo? A multi-room condo style apartment that creates a feeling of a home away from home. Rooms typically include kitchen area, dining area, living room area. Larger condos will have multiple bedrooms. Balconies are typical of all size condos.
- Condos offer the time saving and money saving convenience of washer/dryer and kitchen facilities like oven range, refrigerator, and microwave. Some may even have dishes, and cookware. Check out what is available so you won’t be surprised – and disappointed. Most likely shopping for pots and pans isn’t on your vacation activity list.
- Condos too can offer many amenities, such as exercise rooms, shops, pool, a spa, even a restaurant. Again, always check to make sure you know what is available.
- Condos can be stand-alone buildings with limited property. But the more spacious resort properties may also offer condo accommodations.
- Condos can be considered for a short vacation – but also as a long term investment, both for value and for Myrtle Beach vacations for years to come. You can also generate income by renting out your condos.
- There are many hotels in Myrtle Beach of the traditional “hotel” style. You can select from single rooms to large multi-room suites. Hotels often offer extra beds in a room for an extra charge – but still cheaper than renting a large suite.
- Many Myrtle Beach Hotels are high-quality hotels, often part of major, recognized chains. You can expect the same high quality accommodations and service as you would expect at any reputable hotel. Concierge, room service, maid service, attendant bellhops, desk front, and operator wake-up call service is pretty much standard.
- Rooms are well-kept with TV’s, clocks, a/c, heat, hair dryer, shower accessories, mini-bars, hot-water machines with free coffee, room darkening drapes
- Some Myrtle Beach Hotels will have in-room security cabinets for valuables, while other hotels will offer safe storage at the desk front.
- Internet access and wi-fi depends on the Myrtle Beach Hotel. Some will have wi-fi in the room, while others in the lobby area.
- Because Myrtle Beach also attracts business conventions, and business travelers, many Myrtle Beach Hotels will have business services and facilities.
When thinking about a Myrtle Beach Hotel don’t just limit yourself to the conventional image of a hotel. The wide variety of types of hotels in Myrtle Beach means you can pretty well depend on finding the style that meets your dream vacation expectation.
Incoming search terms:
- Myrtle Beach