Myrtle Beach Rentals – How To Find The Best
To find the best Myrtle Beach rentals, you need to start by identifying the perfect Myrtle Beach vacation for you. Renting a home or condo at Myrtle Beach is a great way to get more out of your vacation.
More space, more flexibility, more privacy.
But, as with any rental, you need to do your homework to make sure you not only find what you are looking for – but end up with exactly what you are looking for.
Myrtle Beach offers such a variety of vacationing styles that you need to hone down to the specifics.
Are you looking for a:
- Golf vacation – remember, Myrtle Beach has over 100 golf courses.
- Beach vacation – 60 miles of glorious, white sand beaches with an endless variety of water-activities. Boating. Fishing. Kayaking. Scuba diving. Parasailing. And, lots more
- Relax by day, play at night vacation – nightclubs, dinner theatres, live theater, variety shows, concerts, moves and more will stimulate the passion of anyone who lives by night.
- Family Vacation – there’s enough to do for every member of the family. Amusement parks. Water parks. State parks. Biking and hiking. Shopping. One of the world’s great boardwalks. And over 1700 restaurants to satisfy pallets of every age.
Once you decide on the type of vacation, you need to decide on an area that can be the central focal point. Myrtle Beach is divided into 4 areas.
- Central Myrtle Beach – can be considered the center for family attractions and activities.
- North Myrtle Beach – Large number of lodging, such as ocean front resorts, beach homes and campgrounds.
- South Myrtle Beach – Similar to North Myrtle Beach as being a focal point of lodgings, with the addition of condos and villas.
- Litchfield Beach & Pawleys Island - More private area, including large plantations and some of the best golf courses. Lodgings available, but in a more limited number.
Once you’ve identified the focal point of your vacation, you can begin your adventure:
Finding the best Myrtle Beach Rentals
Begin by setting your priorities in terms of:
- Budget – deciding beforehand will help prevent impulsive over-spending
- Number of bedrooms – so you won’t be squeezed in tight
- Amenities – Is a large screen TV on your list? Jacuzzi? What more mundane issues like washer/dryer, freezer space, operating oven, and of course, air-conditioning.
- Dining – any though about preparing dinners, or is it eating out three meals a day. Do you need an oven, a microwave, dishes etc.
- Heat and air-conditioning – temperatures can get uncomfortable at times
- Local convenience resources – there are always things you’ll need
Now on to finding the myrtle beach rentasls.
You have two options. The do-it-yourself method. Or using a rental management company. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
Myrtle Beach Rentals – Do It Yourself Rental Search
The primary advantage is you will probably save money. Management companies charge a fee, which the owner adds to what he charges you. You can save 10 – 20%.
But to truly save you have to check around to know what the general rental rates are in your focal point area. Otherwise you may not know whether the owner is including the management fee mark-up, and then pocketing it himself. And, because each property is different, you may anyway be comparing apples to oranges. It gets tricky.
The disadvantages are you have to do all the research. You have to screen the property by visiting online web sites, and having brochures, if available, sent to you.
You should try and get the names and phone numbers of previous renters so you can find out about their experiences. Also, call the local Myrtle Beach civic organizations, such as the Chamber of Commerce, BBB and such to get third-party feedback.
And, most important, get it all down in writing. If it isn’t written down, you have no recourse if there are problems with the property and the owner does not correct them.
Remember – you are renting blind. Caveat Emptor. Know what you are getting in to.
MYRTLE BEACH RENTALS – MANAGEMENT RENTAL COMPANIES
They too have advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages are they save you the time necessary for doing your research. They can hone in immediately on rentals that meet your priorities.
They can add to your knowledge about Myrtle Beach, which may have an impact on your priority list. They may guide you to a different focal point, or different priorities which will enhance your vacation.
They also oversee the agreement, and step in if there are problems. More peace of mind for you.
The disadvantage is you will be paying more, since they charge a fee to the owner, and that is passed on to you.
So you have to weigh the pros and cons of both.
Irrespective of your choice as to doing it yourself, or using a management company, you should research the property and property owner. One way to do so is to Google the property owner’s name., and see if there is anything on record: problems, scams, complaints, etc.
Once you’ve decided on the property, don’t accept the fee you are being charged. Negotiate. In these economic times with people spending less on vacations, property owners may be willing to accept less, rather than have an empty rental.
And, again, get it all in writing. Payment method. Payment schedule. Guarantees. What happens if a problem arises. Read it all thoroughly. Spending time now doing so properly means you’ll spend time lately enjoying the best Myrtle Beach rentals vacation.
Incoming search terms:
- myrtle beach rentals
- myrtle beach house rentals
- HOW TO FIND A BEACH HOUSE IN MYRTLE BEACH
- how to find a beach house rental